Thursday, November 18, 2004

The Weblog Review

In school, because of my major, I write a LOT. The nature of the beast is intensive research and then writing about it. Another interesting feature of the process is known as the dreaded "peer review." Peer review (some professors call it "workshop") consists of submitting your paper to other budding historians in your class to get their opinion of your work. Everything is examined: the validity of your thesis, your research and even your writing style. As you can imagine, this can be a stressful process. But I'm used to it and quite frankly I enjoy the feedback. I feel like it makes me a better historian.

This blog however, is nothing like the things I do in school. This is my escape. I started this little piece of the web in what has quite arguably been one of the worst years my family has been through. I write here to remind me that despite the trials of 2004, there are lots of things to laugh about and be thankful for. It was with tredpidation that I decided to submit my blog for review. I was a little scared, but I'm glad I did it. Again, I find myself enjoying the feedback. One of the reviewers actually GOT my twisted sense of humor (scary for her, huh?).

So, if you have a minute, please check out the review at The Weblog Review. There is an option at the bottom where you can rate my site as well. Feel free to weigh in, because honestly I appreciate your opinion. The reviewers were pretty much dead on, even the second one that wasn't as crazy about this site as the first reviewer. And note - I fixed the links they both referred to - the first few didn't work (my bad). They do now.

I promise I'll bury this post soon and we'll be back to our usual nonsense. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: Cattiva
Location: Virginia, United States

About Me: I'm the mom of three: #1 Son (20), The Princess of Wails (17) and their baby brother - The Baby (6). I was a grad-student working on an MA in history until we were surprised - I mean blessed - with The Baby. I'll get back to it...someday (the thesis, not the kid - I have no choice concerning the kid). I am one of only a few people I went to school with who is actually using their history degree in my career (and to think my Father called it Basket-weaving!). I live a very hectic life amongst massive clutter. I call it a good day if we have managed to get home at night without losing one of the kids (no matter how hard I try!). Friends say I have a humorous take on life's happenings. The sad part is that what I write about is true. I laugh to keep from crying.

See my complete profile










Best of Blogs 

Awards

 Subscribe in a reader

This Day in History



eXTReMe Tracker