Friday, December 10, 2004

Into the Danger Zone

Mock me if you must, but I am all atwitter. What has me all lathered up is certainly not Christmas or chocolate. Better! On Dec. 14th the new 2-disc Special Collector's Edition of Top Gun comes out on DVD! WOO HOO! I've been dancing around the house for three days, despite the two papers I still have to complete and my three finals early next week.

The family is starting to look at me funnier than usual. Apparently the charm of my "Tom Cruise Happy Dance" is wasted on these people. C. was "kind enough" to point out that I not only already own this movie on VHS, but I also happen to own it on DVD. My response? "SO?!" 5 HOURS of special features! I mean sheesh! This is the COLLECTOR'S EDITION for cryin' out loud. Do I complain about his Lord of the Rings obsession? I do not. Did I roll my eyes when he took a vacation day for each theater opening of that particular series? Well, OK...a little, but that doesn't actually contstitute complaining.

So next Tuesday, you know where to find me. I'll be locked in the den for seven hours of Top Gun bliss. If C. and the kids don't like it, tough noogies. They can forage for food on their own. I have a date with Maverick and Ice Man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: Cattiva
Location: Virginia, United States

About Me: I'm the mom of three: #1 Son (20), The Princess of Wails (17) and their baby brother - The Baby (6). I was a grad-student working on an MA in history until we were surprised - I mean blessed - with The Baby. I'll get back to it...someday (the thesis, not the kid - I have no choice concerning the kid). I am one of only a few people I went to school with who is actually using their history degree in my career (and to think my Father called it Basket-weaving!). I live a very hectic life amongst massive clutter. I call it a good day if we have managed to get home at night without losing one of the kids (no matter how hard I try!). Friends say I have a humorous take on life's happenings. The sad part is that what I write about is true. I laugh to keep from crying.

See my complete profile










Best of Blogs 

Awards

 Subscribe in a reader

This Day in History



eXTReMe Tracker