Saturday, January 20, 2007

Test

Did I pass?

AHA! I have been convinced that my recent posting problems are the combination of my complete laziness and Blogger's conspiracy to switch everyone over to the new software.

So far, so good.

Woo Hoo! Worked again. I realize that you all have no clue what I am doing. Honestly, neither do I, most of the time. Tonight I am adding a bit more to this post and publishing it a little at a time as a test.

HA!! Worked again. Of course I know that as soon as I actually create a decent post, the Blogger Boogie Monster (BBM) will get it. Of this fact I am sure. I also know that the odds of a BBM strike increase exponentially depending on A) How much I cracked myself up, thus the post has a small chance of amusing you, B)How long it took me to write said post, both in my mind and then actually getting the words to my keyboard, AND finally C) My ability to actually recreate said post should it get eaten. For instance, a post written and meticulously edited in MS Word has a much greater chance to see the light of the blog. Conversely, the even GREATER post that hit me like a bolt of lightening that I just HAD to share with you ASAP, so you will crack up over it as much as I did...well, that's the post that gets eaten. Oh crap. Hold on...

Deeeeeaaaaammn! Still working. Maybe Blogger has become fearful of me, as well it should. More likely I just need to conform and upgrade to the new software (perhaps). But my friends, I am afraid. Opps....gotta publish -

Yee HAA! So far, so good.

So I'm really beginning to think that I need to upgrade this stupid software. I've read the hype, etc. It of course, SOUNDS good, but don't they all? I can remember countless Microsoft updates that resulted in me beating my head against a wall for several hours. It doesn't help, by the way.

OOOOOooo! Time to check ----> YES! You're still here!

So I'm scared, my friends. Well, it's not that I am scared really. Years of technical support give me the tools AND the mental loopiness to handle a software upgrade or change. It's just that whole "hating change" thing I have going on. I mean, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

For cryin' out loud, I drink. Don't pull the run out from under me.

As I tell me Hubby and any and all our techie friends: "Just make it go. - I don't want to deal with the other crap."

Catt

PS - So who has upgraded and what are your thoughts??

Who uses other software? Should I look at it? Why do you like it?

*sigh* help me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: Cattiva
Location: Virginia, United States

About Me: I'm the mom of three: #1 Son (20), The Princess of Wails (17) and their baby brother - The Baby (6). I was a grad-student working on an MA in history until we were surprised - I mean blessed - with The Baby. I'll get back to it...someday (the thesis, not the kid - I have no choice concerning the kid). I am one of only a few people I went to school with who is actually using their history degree in my career (and to think my Father called it Basket-weaving!). I live a very hectic life amongst massive clutter. I call it a good day if we have managed to get home at night without losing one of the kids (no matter how hard I try!). Friends say I have a humorous take on life's happenings. The sad part is that what I write about is true. I laugh to keep from crying.

See my complete profile










Best of Blogs 

Awards

 Subscribe in a reader

This Day in History



eXTReMe Tracker