Sunday, July 09, 2006

Guilty Pleasure

My friends, I have a new guilty Internet pleasure. Much like the proverbial train wreck, I am having trouble looking away. The site is called Don't Date Him Girl. This website profiles "alleged cheaters," all of whom are men. Women tell their stories, provide identifying info and can even submit pictures about the cheaters in their lives. It reads like a bad Maury episode.

perusing these stories (many of them painfully illiterate), I don't know whether to laugh, feel sorry for the women or want to slap them. Clearly the women utilizing these websites are lacking in self-esteem. My favorites are the profiles that include, "he will sleep with you the first night he meets you, refuse to wear a condom and then leave you when you get pregnant. He won't even buy a rattle or one pack of diapers!"

Sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: Cattiva
Location: Virginia, United States

About Me: I'm the mom of three: #1 Son (20), The Princess of Wails (17) and their baby brother - The Baby (6). I was a grad-student working on an MA in history until we were surprised - I mean blessed - with The Baby. I'll get back to it...someday (the thesis, not the kid - I have no choice concerning the kid). I am one of only a few people I went to school with who is actually using their history degree in my career (and to think my Father called it Basket-weaving!). I live a very hectic life amongst massive clutter. I call it a good day if we have managed to get home at night without losing one of the kids (no matter how hard I try!). Friends say I have a humorous take on life's happenings. The sad part is that what I write about is true. I laugh to keep from crying.

See my complete profile










Best of Blogs 

Awards

 Subscribe in a reader

This Day in History



eXTReMe Tracker