Sunday, May 14, 2006

I Only Get ONE Day?

Yes my friends, this is my Mother's Day post. The title harks back to an on going dialog that I have with the Princess of Wails EVERY year at this time. She is a bit incensed that Moms get a whole day and yet, there is no "Kids Day." Of course my response is that EVERY day is kids day. Duh.

Anyhoo, it is the middle of the night and I am still scammbling to be sure everything is perfect for my Mom, my MIL and my BIL and his wife (my SIL). Notice I am not concerned about my FIL and my Dad? They'll be happy with any tribute to our Moms that we come up with. We've begun "Mother's Day Eve" if you will...and all I can think of is the very BEST Mother's Day ever. I don't think they can ever top it. My mind drifts back to last year at this time. I was 39, working on my Master's Degree and surprisingly pregnant (just found out!), which was certainly NOT in our plan (the preggers part). That May I was beside myself with MY stuff - what was I going to do about school? How could I handle another child? Could I survive an infant? How could we afford it? Would the kids feel slighted? Dear Lord where were we going to put this one? And on and on...ad nauseum. Hopelessly pitiful, yes?

The Lord works in mysterious ways, and though He has a pretty awesome sense of humor, he makes it all work out in the end. The Baby was 7 weeks early (born at 33 weeks), but you would NEVER know it now. We spent 2 1/2 weeks in the level two nursery, and it was the most terrifying time of my life - bar none. Not only is he a BIG boy, he's pretty advanced - at least I think so. We have been blessed.

BUT I HAVE SO DIGRERSSED!!! I meant to talk about THE BEST Mother's Day EVER. It happened last year (I was preggers with the Baby). I have to tell you that for the first day in history, My beloved children made me breakfast in bed as a surprise. They made it all by themselves....seriously. (And Frighteningly since I am the chef in house!) My friends, I lay in bed dreaming about several more house of sleep. I was instead to be feted with my Mother's Day Breakfast Surprise.

The eggs were runny, the waffles were burned on one side, the coffee was incredibly bitter. The orange juice was "extra pulp" (when I can only drink pulp free). I choked down every bit of it. My kids were happy - I was loved.

Bingo - Another sucessful year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: Cattiva
Location: Virginia, United States

About Me: I'm the mom of three: #1 Son (20), The Princess of Wails (17) and their baby brother - The Baby (6). I was a grad-student working on an MA in history until we were surprised - I mean blessed - with The Baby. I'll get back to it...someday (the thesis, not the kid - I have no choice concerning the kid). I am one of only a few people I went to school with who is actually using their history degree in my career (and to think my Father called it Basket-weaving!). I live a very hectic life amongst massive clutter. I call it a good day if we have managed to get home at night without losing one of the kids (no matter how hard I try!). Friends say I have a humorous take on life's happenings. The sad part is that what I write about is true. I laugh to keep from crying.

See my complete profile










Best of Blogs 

Awards

 Subscribe in a reader

This Day in History



eXTReMe Tracker