Friday, May 19, 2006

I'm Rather Pathetic

I have this whole post in rough draft form about how I have ruined my son (the baby one). It's true and probably very amusing, if you are NOT me. I'll post it here shortly, but instead of editing and posting that simple little excerpt of my pathetic life, what have I done this evening? I spent my time online actually registering on Pfaltzgraff.com with an anniversary/wedding registry. How pathetic is that really? I highly recommend it though. You don't ever have to show it to anyone. It's just fantasy and FUN! And don't we deserve at least a little bit of fun...Somewhere? Who are we hurting? No one. And if a friend happens to buy from our registry as a gift and you happen to buy from hers, what can the hubbster say? Absolutely nothing.

Honestly I am chalking it up to my completely crappy day filled with a baby who refused to nap (and screamed himself hoarse - for the third day in a row), a Princess who not only had soccer practice but more homework and studying for her SOLs (Standards of Learning tests which I HATE - don't get me going!) than she could possibly handle in ONE evening, despite the sports; a teenager moping through the usual angst, stressed about his SOLs, just generally grumpy and of course cranking his music up to 800+ decibels to make my teeth fall out of my head. Did I mention the latest - the eyeliner? *sigh*

Anywho - real post is coming soon. I just had WAY too much fun tonight registering on the Pfaltzgraff site. It brings one back to the days when we believed in Santa. "Oh Fat Red Man, please bring me the 48 - piece Grapevine set. I've been good! I promise!"

HAHA! If you're in the mood, register and enjoy (at ANY site/registry you want). I promise it will make you feel better. It's like retail therapy without the big credit card bills. It doesn't get much better than this (and still keep you out of bankruptcy!)

What's not to love?

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: Cattiva
Location: Virginia, United States

About Me: I'm the mom of three: #1 Son (20), The Princess of Wails (17) and their baby brother - The Baby (6). I was a grad-student working on an MA in history until we were surprised - I mean blessed - with The Baby. I'll get back to it...someday (the thesis, not the kid - I have no choice concerning the kid). I am one of only a few people I went to school with who is actually using their history degree in my career (and to think my Father called it Basket-weaving!). I live a very hectic life amongst massive clutter. I call it a good day if we have managed to get home at night without losing one of the kids (no matter how hard I try!). Friends say I have a humorous take on life's happenings. The sad part is that what I write about is true. I laugh to keep from crying.

See my complete profile










Best of Blogs 

Awards

 Subscribe in a reader

This Day in History



eXTReMe Tracker