Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Singin' In The Rain

Gene Kelly ain't got nothin' on us.  This weekend it rained in the house in a whole new place.  Right in the livingroom.  Apparently it's now traveling down a beam and heading for the back of the house.  We've got enough buckets strategically placed around the room to make us look like a bad episode of  Green Acres.  I'm spending my week getting estimates for a new roof.  It's a crapshoot.  Anyway we go, it's going to be several thousand dollars.  It's just a matter of deciding who to give all of our money to.  Vacation?  What vacation?

So let's tally 2004 up just for fun.  New CV joints on the car we paid off, over 1 grand in tree work, new roof.  Oh yeah, said paid off car is now making these horrifying noises every time I put on the brakes and C.'s truck has needed brakes, shocks and who knows what else for months now.  For our next trick I am betting a sink hole opens up and tears the addition off the back of the house.  Or perhaps that weird burning smell we get occasionally in one of the closets is heralding a complete electrical rewiring job in our future.  The constant backing up of the sink upstairs is just begging for major plumbing work.  Maybe for grins and giggles the furnace will go right before the cold sets in.  And it's only the end of July.

This grown up responsibility crap really stinks.

Cat




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: Cattiva
Location: Virginia, United States

About Me: I'm the mom of three: #1 Son (20), The Princess of Wails (17) and their baby brother - The Baby (6). I was a grad-student working on an MA in history until we were surprised - I mean blessed - with The Baby. I'll get back to it...someday (the thesis, not the kid - I have no choice concerning the kid). I am one of only a few people I went to school with who is actually using their history degree in my career (and to think my Father called it Basket-weaving!). I live a very hectic life amongst massive clutter. I call it a good day if we have managed to get home at night without losing one of the kids (no matter how hard I try!). Friends say I have a humorous take on life's happenings. The sad part is that what I write about is true. I laugh to keep from crying.

See my complete profile










Best of Blogs 

Awards

 Subscribe in a reader

This Day in History



eXTReMe Tracker