Sunday, January 30, 2005

Things I Learned This Weekend 2

A mother who is ill should not attempt to recover over the weekend by lying around reading celebrity magazines and drinking hot tea.

Celebrity magazines often have articles containing beauty tips.

Never leave a celebrity magazine lying around the house.

Pre-teen girls are very concerned about their looks.

Pre-teen girls do not actually read the text of articles containing beauty tips. They only look at the pictures.

Scissors and the eyebrows of pre-teen girls do not mix.

It costs $37.03 to buy every color of eyebrow pencil in the drugstore.

It is almost impossible to perfectly match the color of human eyebrows with eyebrow pencil.

It is even more impossible to make eyebrows natural looking with eyebrow pencil when they are half gone.

No matter how desperately ill a mother is, she should never attempt to sleep late on a Sunday morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: Cattiva
Location: Virginia, United States

About Me: I'm the mom of three: #1 Son (20), The Princess of Wails (17) and their baby brother - The Baby (6). I was a grad-student working on an MA in history until we were surprised - I mean blessed - with The Baby. I'll get back to it...someday (the thesis, not the kid - I have no choice concerning the kid). I am one of only a few people I went to school with who is actually using their history degree in my career (and to think my Father called it Basket-weaving!). I live a very hectic life amongst massive clutter. I call it a good day if we have managed to get home at night without losing one of the kids (no matter how hard I try!). Friends say I have a humorous take on life's happenings. The sad part is that what I write about is true. I laugh to keep from crying.

See my complete profile










Best of Blogs 

Awards

 Subscribe in a reader

This Day in History



eXTReMe Tracker