Saturday, January 22, 2005

Fun Stuff

OK, it is the weekend and that means FUN! The Best of Blogs (BoBs ) awards have been a blast for several reasons. First and foremost is that I have found so many good blogs to read. Second is the "aftermath." Here are a few things you will want to check out:

The Red Carpet for the awards ceremony hosted by Pink Poppy is one of the most original and funny things I have read...probably ever. Many of the BoB finalists have joined the party and it is well worth a visit. As you will note, I dressed in my finest duds for this highly touted event.

Also worth checking out are 2...count them, TWO contests that are ongoing. These are TOO funny! If you are here, then you probably share my sick sense of humor. Thus, you will enjoy these awards.

Norman at Espresso Sarcasm is hosting the Nubbies and the current category is "Mommy Blogs." This is a contest that lampoons blog awards AND reality TV. You can't go wrong with that. I'm hoping NOT to be voted off the island. So don't vote for me. He has several posts on the subject, so be sure to scroll through them from the beginning. While you are at it, you'll be exposed to Norman's unique sense of humor.

Mango has developed his own contest called The Mango Awards. This one cracks me up and I have already entered. The rules are explained on the site. There is actually a tangible prize for this challenge – Mango is giving away two $50 gift certificates! Good luck!

Housekeeping Issues:

Sid, check your mailbox next week. No it's not a letter bomb.
Trashman, only for YOU have I finally met the 3 things challenge. You have to find it, though. Here's a hint: It's posted in my birth month. No fair asking my Twin when that is.

Back to my usual babble next week. Enjoy your weekend my friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: Cattiva
Location: Virginia, United States

About Me: I'm the mom of three: #1 Son (20), The Princess of Wails (17) and their baby brother - The Baby (6). I was a grad-student working on an MA in history until we were surprised - I mean blessed - with The Baby. I'll get back to it...someday (the thesis, not the kid - I have no choice concerning the kid). I am one of only a few people I went to school with who is actually using their history degree in my career (and to think my Father called it Basket-weaving!). I live a very hectic life amongst massive clutter. I call it a good day if we have managed to get home at night without losing one of the kids (no matter how hard I try!). Friends say I have a humorous take on life's happenings. The sad part is that what I write about is true. I laugh to keep from crying.

See my complete profile










Best of Blogs 

Awards

 Subscribe in a reader

This Day in History



eXTReMe Tracker