Thursday, February 24, 2005

Seen and Heard Yesterday

HEARD – "YIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiii!" Followed by what sounded like a herd of bowling balls rolling down the stairs. Screams and crying at the bottom of the stairs.

SAW – The Little One in a crumpled heap at the bottom of the stairs holding her right ankle. Swelling and bruising, lots of tears – 40 minutes worth from a kid that is usually tough as nails. C. rushing into the ER looking like he had seen a ghost but calming down and joking to keep from scaring the kid.

HEARDFrom C.: "I knew you didn't want to clean your room, but you didn't have to throw yourself down the stairs to get out of it!" From the Little One: laughter like I had not heard all day.

SAW – One good looking ER doc who had a great way with kids – no wedding ring. (Thought – what single friends do I have that might want to meet a good looking ER doc?) The Little One wince in major pain when the doc examined her. (Wished it was me instead)

HEARD - From the ER Doc: "Well, it's not broken and I think the tendon is intact. Let's get some x-rays." From The Little One: "Oh my gosh Mom, it hurts SO bad!" (Wished it was me again)

SAW – X-Rays of a foot and ankle, but had no idea what I was looking at.

HEARD From cute ER doc: "It's definitely not broken and the growth plates look undamaged, but it's badly sprained. She'll need to stay off it at least a week." From The Little One: "I am SO still playing my double-header this weekend." Asked cute ER doc to explain why she cannot play soccer this weekend and what could happen if she does. From cute ER doc (with a wink - I think my heart fluttered but it was probably the stress of the day): the horrors of a continued injury and possible surgery. From The Little One: "Bummer."

SAW – A male nurse who looked like a Muppet teaching my kid how to use crutches. The Muppet fitting her for an ankle brace. The kid wince in pain again as the brace was tightened. (Wished it was me for the 20th time that day)

READ – The discharge orders written by the Muppet who obviously heard C. and I joking with The Little One: "Do NOT hit your brother with your crutches!"

SAW – The Little One and #1 Son sword fighting with her crutches 15 minutes after we got back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: Cattiva
Location: Virginia, United States

About Me: I'm the mom of three: #1 Son (20), The Princess of Wails (17) and their baby brother - The Baby (6). I was a grad-student working on an MA in history until we were surprised - I mean blessed - with The Baby. I'll get back to it...someday (the thesis, not the kid - I have no choice concerning the kid). I am one of only a few people I went to school with who is actually using their history degree in my career (and to think my Father called it Basket-weaving!). I live a very hectic life amongst massive clutter. I call it a good day if we have managed to get home at night without losing one of the kids (no matter how hard I try!). Friends say I have a humorous take on life's happenings. The sad part is that what I write about is true. I laugh to keep from crying.

See my complete profile










Best of Blogs 

Awards

 Subscribe in a reader

This Day in History



eXTReMe Tracker