Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Walk of Shame

OH. MY. GOSH. My friends, today I am doing the walk of shame. No, not THAT walk (from my days dating C.) - this one is more like eating my words. Open big fat keyboard, insert foot.

Not more than four days after condescendingly judging a very spoiled, rich celebrity for her baby "mishaps," I had one fall off the bed. It wasn't even one one of the bigger ones either. I am SO filled with shame. He's fine, didn't even cry but for a couple of seconds. I, however, am humbled.

Isn't this how my life goes? Just when I say things are going well, a tree falls or the roof caves in. (I have proof. Read the archives.) So of course, when I get all uppity and snooty towards said unnamed trashy celebrity it figures that my own little bundle of joy takes a header off the bed. You would think I would have learned my lesson. It's not rocket science. (sigh)

Of course, I am sure it's not some weird cosmic law of opposites or anything. That would be silly.

But just in case...

I can honestly say that I have never won the lottery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: Cattiva
Location: Virginia, United States

About Me: I'm the mom of three: #1 Son (20), The Princess of Wails (17) and their baby brother - The Baby (6). I was a grad-student working on an MA in history until we were surprised - I mean blessed - with The Baby. I'll get back to it...someday (the thesis, not the kid - I have no choice concerning the kid). I am one of only a few people I went to school with who is actually using their history degree in my career (and to think my Father called it Basket-weaving!). I live a very hectic life amongst massive clutter. I call it a good day if we have managed to get home at night without losing one of the kids (no matter how hard I try!). Friends say I have a humorous take on life's happenings. The sad part is that what I write about is true. I laugh to keep from crying.

See my complete profile










Best of Blogs 

Awards

 Subscribe in a reader

This Day in History



eXTReMe Tracker