Monday, May 02, 2005

The Future

Last Friday #1 Son's History class was tasked with defining the five most important WORLD CHANGING events in their lifetime. They discussed many events during the class period. The teacher defined world-changing events as those that affect the entire world and have resulted in major changes in economics, policy, foreign relations, etc. At the end of class, each student had to make a list of their personal top five. The teacher then collected the lists and tallied the results.

Here then is the list:

The Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001
The Persian Gulf War
The War in Iraq

And my personal favorites:

The Michael Jackson Trial
Janet Jackson's "Nipplegate" scandal

This is the generation of our future leaders. Lord help us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: Cattiva
Location: Virginia, United States

About Me: I'm the mom of three: #1 Son (20), The Princess of Wails (17) and their baby brother - The Baby (6). I was a grad-student working on an MA in history until we were surprised - I mean blessed - with The Baby. I'll get back to it...someday (the thesis, not the kid - I have no choice concerning the kid). I am one of only a few people I went to school with who is actually using their history degree in my career (and to think my Father called it Basket-weaving!). I live a very hectic life amongst massive clutter. I call it a good day if we have managed to get home at night without losing one of the kids (no matter how hard I try!). Friends say I have a humorous take on life's happenings. The sad part is that what I write about is true. I laugh to keep from crying.

See my complete profile










Best of Blogs 

Awards

 Subscribe in a reader

This Day in History



eXTReMe Tracker