Monday, October 31, 2005

Dear Blog:

Hello there. Remember me? Good, because I am not sure I do. I apologize for neglecting you lately. I must admit that I am struggling a bit to settle into some kind of routine. Who knew a new baby would throw me for such a loop? It is not like this is my first kid or anything. Things are slowing down now though, and I desperately miss blogging. Here then, in no particular order, are some excuses for not posting. I only hope that you can forgive me.

The Milk Machine - That is the nickname my family has given me. Nice, yes? As I am now the Dairy Queen, I live my life in 2 1/2 to 3 hour blocks. That is how often #2 Son eats. Boy can he eat. Frequently. Around the clock. Entire days go by with me in a haze, stumbling around like a zombie - much like my early college years.

Priorities - I have spit-up in my hair. I honestly do and I cannot remember my last shower. It might have been sometime over the weekend, but I am not positive. I miss the "good old days" when bathing was a daily ritual. Instead, it has become something I do "when I have a free minute."

Guilt - Our house looks like a landfill. It is getting harder and harder to pretend we are not home when people drop by to see the baby. I keep feeling like I should spend some of those "free minutes" cleaning. Luckily that feeling passes when I nap.

Television - Speaking of guilt, I have developed an addiction to "baby shows" on TV. Since #2 Son was born, I have not missed an episode of any show dealing with babies. I regularly troll The Learning Channel, Discovery Channel and the Discovery Health Channel. It has become a sickness.

Fifth Grade is Kicking My Butt - I had forgotten how much homework the stupid school assigns to fifth graders. Luckily, I am doing well. Perhaps I will make it to Middle School after all?

New Shoes - As if life was not hectic enough, I got a new shoe.



Do not feel bad though, my dear blog. You are not the only thing I have not had time to attend to. My driver's license expired back on my birthday. Just think - the Holidays are just around the corner. Yee Haa!

Love,
Catt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: Cattiva
Location: Virginia, United States

About Me: I'm the mom of three: #1 Son (20), The Princess of Wails (17) and their baby brother - The Baby (6). I was a grad-student working on an MA in history until we were surprised - I mean blessed - with The Baby. I'll get back to it...someday (the thesis, not the kid - I have no choice concerning the kid). I am one of only a few people I went to school with who is actually using their history degree in my career (and to think my Father called it Basket-weaving!). I live a very hectic life amongst massive clutter. I call it a good day if we have managed to get home at night without losing one of the kids (no matter how hard I try!). Friends say I have a humorous take on life's happenings. The sad part is that what I write about is true. I laugh to keep from crying.

See my complete profile










Best of Blogs 

Awards

 Subscribe in a reader

This Day in History



eXTReMe Tracker