Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Baby Update

Catt wanted me to update everyone on the last 72 hours or so.
2:30 am Labor Day - Catt's water broke, she woke me and what I heard was the water was broke and I said we would call the plumber in the morning.
3:00 am arrive at local hospital #1
4:00 am finish round one of tests and determine that we did have a premature rupture at 33 weeks.
5:30 am transport to local hospital #2 in Ambulance for Catt while the kids and I follow glassy-eyed in the car. (did I mention we woke them up)
6:00 am begin round two of testing and meet the night crew at Facility 2 who are just getting ready to leave. called both sets of 'rents
9:00 parents arrive.

Where things stand now.
Friday hopeful delivery has been moved up to 9 pm tonight as a C-section mandated by the docs as the baby is threatening to prolapse his umbilical cord.
We have also found out that what we thought would be a Monday going home date for mom might mean a 2-4 week going home date for the baby and Catt is not happy. A little crushed actually. I will let her know you are all thinking about her.

-C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: Cattiva
Location: Virginia, United States

About Me: I'm the mom of three: #1 Son (20), The Princess of Wails (17) and their baby brother - The Baby (6). I was a grad-student working on an MA in history until we were surprised - I mean blessed - with The Baby. I'll get back to it...someday (the thesis, not the kid - I have no choice concerning the kid). I am one of only a few people I went to school with who is actually using their history degree in my career (and to think my Father called it Basket-weaving!). I live a very hectic life amongst massive clutter. I call it a good day if we have managed to get home at night without losing one of the kids (no matter how hard I try!). Friends say I have a humorous take on life's happenings. The sad part is that what I write about is true. I laugh to keep from crying.

See my complete profile










Best of Blogs 

Awards

 Subscribe in a reader

This Day in History



eXTReMe Tracker