Thursday, June 16, 2005

Hit Me Baby!

It has been so long since I have written, that I have tons to write about. There's the rant and rave (yet again) about public school. There's a funny story or two, but quite honestly tonight I have decided to write about my newest favorite television show. I am enthralled by Hit Me Baby One More Time. Yee Haa!

I can't say that I have been enamored of other British television imports - the ones that are redone here in the US. So to say I was excited about this latest import would be untrue. I wouldn't have actually tuned in if it were not aired on NBC on Thursday night. I NEVER miss "Must See TV," not since my beloved ER began anyway. So two weeks ago I left it on in the background. I was hooked from the first 3 minutes.

HOW COOL IS THIS SHOW?? Artists from the 80s perform one of their hits, then come back to cover a current song. As a confessed child of the 80s, I LOVE this stuff! It's so cool to see these songs performed again and hear what these long forgotten (not by me!) artists have been up to over the years.

I do have to admit, though, that it is a bit depressing. To see people like Howard Jones and the guy from Flock of Seagulls now bald is shocking. And that guy from Wang Chung looks like he’s about 69 years old. Yikes!

Were else can you see Wang Chung cover Nelly's "Hott in Herre?!" It doesn't get much more entertaining than that! Now if you'll excuse me, Cameo is coming up. WORD UP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Name: Cattiva
Location: Virginia, United States

About Me: I'm the mom of three: #1 Son (20), The Princess of Wails (17) and their baby brother - The Baby (6). I was a grad-student working on an MA in history until we were surprised - I mean blessed - with The Baby. I'll get back to it...someday (the thesis, not the kid - I have no choice concerning the kid). I am one of only a few people I went to school with who is actually using their history degree in my career (and to think my Father called it Basket-weaving!). I live a very hectic life amongst massive clutter. I call it a good day if we have managed to get home at night without losing one of the kids (no matter how hard I try!). Friends say I have a humorous take on life's happenings. The sad part is that what I write about is true. I laugh to keep from crying.

See my complete profile










Best of Blogs 

Awards

 Subscribe in a reader

This Day in History



eXTReMe Tracker